Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Adoption is Amazing!!

If there was ever a doubt, this weekend proved that our church is awesome! Our combined campus celebration focused on our church's adoption ministry. It was emotional. Not just because I'm an adoptee, but because I was sitting with our friend Jana, who is waiting to bring her boys home from an orphanage in Ethiopia. There was one funny moment for me. At the beginning of the service, they asked everyone who is adopted, or has adopted a child to stand. I stood, of course. Then I looked back at my mom who was just sitting there looking around at everything, taking it all in. Not standing up. Hello . . . mom? Well, I guess that's a testimony for adoption it itself. She forgot she adopted me.

Catch up on Jana's story as she and Kenny wait to bring their boys home.

No comments: