Emma enlightened me about her allergies this afternoon on our walk to Granny's house for Supper. First, you have to understand Emma. With Grace, I never have to wonder about what she's thinking, because every single thought that enters her brain comes directly out of her mouth. We're working on that. Emma's very different. She processes things completely on her own, until she's certain that she has everything figured out. Then she shares her revelations with you, leaving you trying to figure out how in the world she arrived at that conclusion.
So. She says to me, "Mommy, I'm allergic to dogs, cats, and smoke." Well, the dog and cat thing made me wonder if she somehow had some greater understanding of pet dander that I would have expected. But the smoke thing threw me off. Then she added, "oh, yeah, and pigs!"
Ah-ha! Emma hates smelly things. And above all smelly things, she hates smelly pigs! (Come on, what smells worse?!) So, apparently Emma is allergic to things that stink.
I can't help it. She makes me laugh.
1 comment:
She is hilarious! Explains why she sniffs everything, too...
Post a Comment